Welcome to Banyan Tree Samui
Warmest greetings from Banyan Tree Samui, the ultimate tropical holiday escapade, complete with utter relaxation and rejuvenation. Overlooking the scenic Lamai Bay, the resort is nestled in a series of cascading terraces on a private hill cove in the southeastern coast of Koh Samui.
Choose to unwind in the comforts of your pool villa, amuse your palate with the culinary adventures provided from our dining outlets, partake in the range of recreational activities, indulge in the tender touch of the therapists at our award-winning Banyan Tree Spa Samui or soak away your worries in The Rainforest, our exclusive hydrotherapy facility, Banyan Tree Samui is your true Sanctuary for the Senses.
Poised to deliver intimate, tailor-made weddings set against the backdrop of scenic Lamai Bay, or comfortable, high-level functions for groups of any size at our spacious Events Centre, our Romance and Events Concierge is on hand to take care of your event needs.
Beyond our secluded haven, lies an abundance of excursion options for both couples and families alike, including a variety of cultural attractions as well as the idyllic natural beauty of Samui's jungles and the breathtaking beaches, islands and coral reefs of the Gulf of Thailand. Exquisite dining coupled with eclectic shopping makes for another way to explore the diverse offerings of this modern island that still retains its rustic charm.
From couples, families or groups to comfort-seekers or adventure-seekers, tropical splendour awaits at Banyan Tree Samui. Thank you for considering our destination and I look forward to having you as our guest.
Mr. Remko Kroesen, General Manager, Banyan Tree Samui
Remko Kroesen has been the General Manager of Banyan Tree Samui since 2012. He brought with him over three decades of experience within the hospitality industry, which started in Europe followed by New Zealand and Australia, and has been working in Asia for the last 12 years. During his career, he has worked for brands such as Hyatt, Regent, Hilton, Sheraton, Sofitel and Accor.
His first appointment within Thailand came in 2006 when he was appointed General Manager of Sofitel Centara Grand Resort & Villas in Hua Hin one of Asia's most prestigious and celebrated properties. In 2009, he took over VIE Hotel Bangkok, a member of Accor’s MGallery Collection label VIE Hotel was the very first MGallery to be launched worldwide, and V Villas in Hua Hin both part of the Accor group where he remained until moving on to open Pullman Dongguan Changan in Guangdong, China.
His return to Thailand came when he assumed the role of General Manager at Banyan Tree Samui. With his extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the hospitality industry, he helped the resort to achieve its highest level of success by placing an emphasis on the delivery of bespoke guest experiences, the implementation of locally-infused touchpoints created from the bottom up as well as an acute focus on service excellence.
Over the years at Banyan Tree Samui, his team has won numerous prestigious awards under his leadership which include the following:
- Tourism Authority of Thailand – Kinnaree Award for Outstanding Performance; 2013 & 2015
- Tourism Authority of Thailand – People’s Choice Awards Thailand – #1 Beach Hotel for 2017
- EarthCheck – Silver Certification; Received annually from 2014-2017
- Thailand Department of Environmental Quality Promotion – Green Hotel Award 2015 – Gold Certification
- Booking.com – Award of Excellence; Received annually from 2014-2017
- TripAdvisor – Travellers' Choice Winner – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Thailand; 2015 & 2017
- TripAdvisor – Certificate of Excellence – Resort; Received annually from 2012-2017
- TripAdvisor – Certificate of Excellence – Saffron; Received annually from 2014-2016
- Thailand Tatler – Best Restaurant Award for Saffron; 2013/2014/2015/2016
- Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts – Hotel of the Year 2013
- Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts – Associate Satisfaction Award