Direct, control and co-ordinate the functions as designated by the Deputy Financial Controller, and Financial Controller and ensure the hotel achieves Financial goals.
Key Result Areas:
• To direct, supervise, and coordinate all subordinates to ensure that all day-to-day transactions are completed properly and the daily reports from income Auditor, General Cashier, and Cost Controller are prepared on a daily basis for management review.
• To be in charge of monthly closing by the 3rd of the following month and financial reports are produced by 6th the following month.
• To prepare all accounting and statistical information complete with variance analysis in preparation for the monthly General Manager’s report.
• To ensure that all accruals and prepayments are accurate with complete back up material on a monthly basis.
• To provide accurate reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts with complete back up material for the Controller’s review on a monthly basis.
• To assist in the preparation of the hotel’s annual budget and subsequent forecasting, providing data, statistics and supporting material as required by Department Heads.
• To complete the reconciliation of all accounts by 20th with complete back up materials for Financial Controller’s review on a monthly basis.
• To inspect and supervise the monthly stocktaking on different stores and operating equipments.
• To ensure that all required reports as requested by relevant parties are prepared and submitted by the deadline.
• To monitor monthly departmental expenditures and advise Financial Controller in the event that any one area is over spending.
• To advise Financial Controller in the event of any bad debts or non-approved credit.
• To ensure purchasing and payment procedures strictly observed according to hotel policy.
• To maintain efficient administration within the department.
• To coach, counsel, discipline, and develop subordinates.