• Thai National
• 3- 7 years related experience, preferably working experience in Samui
• Good English and local language skills
• Sound working knowledge of Engineering practices
• Able to direct and control all subordinate engineering staff to ensure that all day to day operation matters are handled on time and that guest expectations are met
• Able to maintain facilities and equipment by conducting routine inspections and determining appropriate rectification measures.
• Able to prepare duty rosters, vacation plans and schedules and public holiday schedules to assure efficient use of human resources.
• Able to keep records of all information in the form of blueprints, diagrams, manuals, maintenance records, logs and journals relevant to the efficient operation of the department.
• Able to maintain a supply of inventory necessary for optimal operating efficiency and liaise with purchasing and suppliers to have quality engineering supplies at most competitive prices.
• Able to develop and promote energy conservation programmes by monitoring utility costs and consumption.
• Able to monitor the standard of work carried out by contractors engaged by the hotel to ensure that it meets the agreed quality.
• Able to ensure that safety and emergency procedures for guests and employees are met according to standards and local legal requirements.
• Able to prepare and control the hotel’s annual R&M budget.
• Able to support CSR programs of the Group through the implementation of policies and programs that contribute to environment-friendly practices in the Group’s hotels and resorts.
• Able to contribute to risk management activities for existing and future projects.
• Able to lead and is responsible for the implementation of the internal talent development program.