Responsible for assisting the General Manager in the running of the hotel by undertaking the overall direction and operations of all Food and Beverage outlets in the hotel and for ensuring the effective co-ordination of activities between them. Accountable for the achievement of the overall goals and objectives of the F&B Division and for the hotel meetingand also its F&B financial and guest satisfaction objectives.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Assist the General Manager in the overall running of the hotel by participating in the decision making of the hotel’s policies, philosophy, direction, goals and objectives and is responsible for their implementation thereafter.
2. Oversee the performance of the Executive Chef and all Outlet Managers by providing guidance and assistance in the execution of their responsibilities and helping them set the agreed Departmental objectives.
3. Direct and control all subordinate Food and Beverage associate to ensure that all day-to-day operational matters are handled on time and guests expectations are met.
4. Ensure that the standards of Food and Beverage meet or exceed expectations by overseeing the quality, consistency and presentation in all outlets and making sure that they conform to the hotel’s requisites at all times.
5. Ensure that the standards of service in all outlets are in conformity with the requisite standards of the hotel and that they meet or exceed expectations by sending associate for training, etc
6. Prepare, communicate and implement, in conjunction with the Executive Chef, an annual Food and Beverage promotion for all restaurants and assists Sales & Marketing in designing the advertising material for such promotions.
7. Prepare, communicate and implement, in conjunction with the Executive Chef, menu change cycles for all restaurants
8. Ensure the implementation and maintenance of O.E. par stock in all outlets and oversees the inventory taking and control.
9. Ensure the implementation and maintenance of beverage par stock in all outlets and oversees the stock taking and control.
10. Responsible for all Food and Beverage pricing, maximizing outlets profitability while maintaining value- for-money principles.
11. Responsible for strengthening cost-profit ratios by continuously monitoring the Food and Beverage cost and performing financial performance analysis.
12. Responsible for the implementation and co-ordination of all Food and Beverage related aspects within the group’s Balanced Scorecard Programme and for the Group’s profit chain efforts.
13. Responsible for submitting to the General Manager an annual business plan.
14. Assist in the preparation of the hotel’s annual budget and, more specifically, prepare, monitor and control the hotel’s Food and Beverage budget.
15. Oversee the standards of cleanliness and hygiene in all Food and Beverage areas and take appropriate action when necessary.
16. Maintain an efficient administration within the Food and Beverage Division preparing and submitting operational reports on time.
• 5 years as Food & Beverage related management experience
• Bachelor or Masters Degree or full professional qualification (e.g. Certificate in Restaurant Services, Certificate in Food Services, Certificate in Hotel Catering and Management or Diploma in Hospitality Management)
• Excellent command of the English language
• Ability to express effective written and verbal communication
• Excellent communicator, organizer and motivator
• Strong leadership and organizational skills
• Hard working, able to work under immense pressure and in a very fast paced working environment