Direct, control and co-ordinate all housekeeping activities in order that Villas; public areas and back of house areas are cleaned and amenities are Punctually replenished and within budgeted costs with minimum Inconvenience to the guests. Oversees the gardening and mini-bar departments and ensure that they perform to the requisite standards.
1. Directs and co-ordinates all subordinate housekeeping staff to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and that guest expectation are met.
2. Co-ordinates with front office to ensure that rooms are serviced and turned down according to guests requirements, and vacant rooms are cleaned for new arrivals.
3. Monitors the daily servicing of guest rooms, public areas and back of house areas to ensure they conform to requisite standards.
4. Maintains systems to be able to handle day to day guest requests quickly and efficiently.
5. Prepares duty rosters, vacation plans and schedules and public holiday schedules to ensure efficient use of human resources.
6. Ensures employee uniforms are in good condition and laundered as per hotel standards.
7. Ensure guest laundry is laundered and delivered as per hotel standards, and guests are billed accordingly.
8. Maintains par stocks for all housekeeping operating equipment and supplies and re-orders as required.
9. Monitors the standard of work carried out by contractors engaged by the hotel to ensure that it meets the agreed quality.
10. Oversees inventory control, purchasing, disbursement and control for all aspects of housekeeping operations.
11. Directs and co-ordinates the mini-bar operation to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guests are billed accordingly.
12. Administers the hotels ‘Lost and Found’ system.
13. Administers the hotel’s baby-sitting service.
14. Directs and co-ordinates all activities of the gardening department.
15. Prepares, monitors and controls the hotel’s annual Housekeeping budget.
16. Maintain efficient administration within the department preparing and submitting operational reports on time.
17. Ensures that employees are selected, trained, evaluated and rewarded in compliance with existing employee management system.
18. Coaches, counsels, disciplines and develops subordinate employees.
1. 3-7 Years of Experience similar position in a Five Star Resort
2. Education: College degree plus technical certificate of diploma or above
3. Knowledge and Skills:
• Good English language skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of individuals.
• Detailed knowledge of working practices of housekeeping.
• Strong administrative skills.
• Ability to cope with pressure.