Direct, control and co-ordinate the functions as designated by the Deputy Financial Controller, and Financial Controller and ensure the hotel achieves Financial goals.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
1. To direct, supervise, and coordinate all subordinates to ensure that all day-to-day transactions are completed properly and the daily reports from income Auditor, General Cashier, and Cost Controller are prepared on a daily basis for management review.
2. To be in charge of monthly closing by the 3rd of the following month and financial reports are produced by 6th the following month.
3. To prepare all accounting and statistical information complete with variance analysis in preparation for the monthly General Manager’s report.
4. To ensure that all accruals and prepayments are accurate with complete back up material on a monthly basis.
5. To provide accurate reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts with complete back up material for the Controller’s review on a monthly basis.
6. To assist in the preparation of the hotel’s annual budget and subsequent forecasting, providing data, statistics and supporting material as required by Department Heads.
7. To complete the reconciliation of all accounts by 20th with complete back up materials for Financial Controller’s review on a monthly basis.
8. To inspect and supervise the monthly stocktaking on different stores and operating equipments.
9. To ensure that all required reports as requested by relevant parties are prepared and submitted by the deadline.
10. To monitor monthly departmental expenditures and advise Financial Controller in the event that any one area is over spending.
11. To advise Financial Controller in the event of any bad debts or non-approved credit.
12. To ensure purchasing and payment procedures strictly observed according to hotel policy.
13. To maintain efficient administration within the department.
14. To coach, counsel, discipline, and develop subordinates.
• Years of related experience: 3 to 5 years
• Bachelor in Accounting / Finance major
• Good local and English Language skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of individuals
• Detailed knowledge of working practices of AccountsStrong administrative skills
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Good interpersonal skills required. Interacts mainly with colleagues and occasionally with guests.
• Deals or negotiates in Chinese and English