The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing support in the various Human Resources functions including: recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counseling.
Key Result Areas:
1. Recruitment and Hiring of potential candidates.
2. Ensures all positions hold up to date job descriptions compiled by the relevant Department Heads.
3. Maintaining a fully functioning Human Resources Department including employment, screening, referrals, personnel record keeping, compensation and benefits, work permits and visa processing.
4. To advise, counsel and assist associates with problems or queries where needed.
5. Encourages a good standard of associates conduct and behavior and coordinates disciplinary procedure when necessary.
6. Co-ordinates, controls and inspects associates accommodation, ensuring it is of the highest possible standard of cleanliness and comfort.
7. Liaises with the Director of F & B with regards to the Staff Cafeteria, particularly on the quality, variety and nutritious value of the food served.
8. Maintains close contact with all Department Heads through departmental visits, serving as an advisor and internal consultant on associate relations issues.
9. Coordinates and encourage sports and social activities on a regular basis.
10. Ensures the publication of the associate newsletter on a regular basis and maintains lively and interesting staff notice boards.
11. In the absence of a Training Manager is fully responsible for all training matters including orientation, skills training, cross training, off job sessions
12. Liaises with other Human Resources or Personnel Managers maintaining strong information links for better decision making.
13. Ensures appraisals are carried out for every associate at least once every 12 months. Reviews all appraisals and follows up on development needs, if required.
14. Is responsible for the implementation and coordination of all HR aspects within the group’s Balanced Scorecard Program.
• Experience- 3-7 years
• Qualifications- College degree plus technical certificate, diploma or higher qualification