The chosen candidate shall report to the Financial Controller.
The chosen candidate shall be performing all administrative functions and purchasing related activities, as well as supervising the activities of the Purchasing officer and adhering to the established policies & procedures.
Key Deliverables shall include:
• Develop and supervise other staff: Purchasing Officer & Purchasing Assistant.
• Establish and maintain all vendor relationship – domestic and international.
• Coordinate between Finance department and Area Purchasing.
• Liaise with all department heads for straight and effective communication.
• Receive and file, and follow through all incoming purchasing requests from the property.
• Perform other tasks as deemed appropriate by the Financial Controller.
Desired Skills & Experience
Years of related experience: Minimum of 3-7 years in luxury, upscale hotels with at least 3 years of hands-on experience in a similar position
Education: Minimum college degree, diploma or higher qualification
Required Job Skills:
• Good English Language skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of individuals
• Detailed knowledge of working practices of the Purchasing department
• Strong administrative skills
• Working knowledge of computer systems
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Knowledge of local language, and any additional languages
• Detailed knowledge of computer systems
• Proven track record in hotel of similar standard in similar capacity