The chosen candidate shall report to the General Manager.
The chosen candidate shall be responsible for managing the training and development processes of all hotel associates. Ensures that the hotel achieves its goals by providing the training required by associates in order to perform competently. Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, coordinating and ultimately administering the training and development functions.
Key Deliverables shall include:
• Assists the General Manager in the overall running of the hotel by participating in decisions relating to hotel policy, philosophy, directions, goals and objectives and actions to be taken as well as the implementation as directed.
• Oversees the performance of the Front Office Manager and the Executive Housekeeper as well as the Outlet Mangers / Supervisors providing guidance and assistance in the execution of their responsibilities and helping them to set departmental objectives.
• Directs and controls all subordinate Rooms division staff to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met or exceeded.
• Oversees the quality, consistency, and presentation in all outlets to ensure that they conform to the requisite standards and meet or exceed guest expectations.
• Oversees the service standards of all outlets ensuring that they conform to the requisite standards and meet or exceed guest expectations.
• Ensures the implementation and maintenance of operation equipment and linen par stocks in concerned departments and oversees inventory taking and control.
Desired Skills & Experience
Years of related experience: Minimum of 8-10 years in luxury, upscale hotels with at least 3 years of hands-on experience in a similar position
Education: Minimum, Bachelors Degree of Masters with a concentration in Business or related field, or full hospitality professional qualifications
Required Job Skills:
• Ability to express effective, clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills
• Dynamic, inspiring, innovative and enthusiastic
• Very approachable, outgoing with easy manner in dealing with guests and associates
• Must enjoy and be able to meet people with poise
• Must be able to handle difficult situations with tact and high diplomacy
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Able to develop, coach, train, counsel and act as a mentor
• In possession of strong partnering skills, clear vision, strategic planner and problem solver
• Team oriented and exemplary team player
• Proven track record in hotels/resorts of similar standards and in a similar capacity.
• Working knowledge of the local language.
• Previous working experience in different areas of hotel/resort operations