The chosen candidate shall report to the General Manager.
The chosen candidate shall be responsible for managing the training and development processes of all hotel associates. Ensures that the hotel achieves its goals by providing the training required by associates in order to perform competently. Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, coordinating and ultimately administering the training and development functions.
Key Deliverables shall include:
• Instills commitment of the Banyan Tree experience in all associates ensuring that the group’s vision and mission are assimilated and the objectives of the hotel are met, especially in line with the Service Profit Chain objectives.
• Ensures that every department compiles and maintains a complete and up-to-date associate orientation manual.
• Prepares, communicates and implements an annual training plan for the hotel.
• Ensures that regular, scheduled training plans are subsequently implemented and followed in all departments.
• Conducts training and orientation programs for associates at all levels.
• Prepares monitors and controls the hotel’s annual training budget.
Desired Skills & Experience
Years of related experience: Minimum of 2 years in Hospitality Industry of similar position
Education: Minimum, Diploma in Hospitality, Tourism, Business Studies or related certification
Required Job Skills:
• Excellent command of the English language
• Ability to express effective, clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good leadership, organizational and administrative skills
• Able to document standards of performance
• Dynamic, inspiring, innovative, enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Easily approachable with an outgoing and pleasant personality
• Able to effectively facilitate both small and large groups
• Able to prioritize
• Able to maintain objectivity
• Good team player
• Professional training skills and knowledge of working practices and principles in a 5-star hospitality setting
• Hard working, able to withstand a very fast paced working environment, enroll and complete projects on his/her own
• Highly customer and result oriented
• Understanding of large, multi-cultural organizations
• Computer literate
• Good health, mature and very neat appearance