Temperatures vary throughout the whole year ranging between 25°c and 33°c. It does not snow in Kerala but temperatures in the mountainous regions are lower with occasional mist.
• January-February - 18°c - 28°c
• March-May - 32°c - 36°c (Summer Season)
• June-September - 19°c - 30°c (South-West Monsoon season)
• October – November - 29°c - 35°c (End of Monsoon)
• December - 18°c - 28°c
Kerala is in the same time zone as GMT, 5.5 hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). Kerala is 2.5hours ahead of Singapore/Hong Kong time.
240V at 50 hertz; round-pin plugs. We recommend getting a universal and combination plug adaptor.
• Malayalam is one of the mother tongue languages in Kerala. English is spoken.
• Other languages spoken include Tamil, Tulu, Kannada, and Hindi.
The official currency is the Indian Rupee (Rs) however the US dollars and pounds are widely accepted. Travellers’ cheques are accepted at well-known banks, certified and recognized money exchange bureaus.
• Summer: Pack light cotton clothing and avoid clothes of synthetic materials
• Winter: Pack warm clothes, as it can get chilly at night.
• Dress conservatively especially when visiting temples.
• Carry a pair of good and sturdy shoes while travelling.
Things to bring
• Umbrella (in the event of unexpected showers in summer)
• A light stole or scarf to cover the head (in the event of hot temperatures)