Discover your Hidden Photography Talent with some of the World’s most Celebrated Photographers at Banyan Tree Mayakoba
Cancun, Mexico (June, 2014) – Banyan Tree Mayakoba will host a series of three-day Wildlife Photo Master Classes with world-renowned National Geographic photographers Brian Skerry, Steve Winter and Tim Laman in September, October and December this year. Guests are invited to attend these exciting journeys to discover the diverse wildlife in and around the resort’s stunning mangroves, dunes and beaches, mentored by Brian, Steve and Tim who will be on hand to offer secret tips on capturing the perfect wildlife photograph.
The unique Wildlife Photo Master Classes at Banyan Tree Mayakoba combines the eco-consciousness of the resort complemented by its stunning surroundings along Mexico’s Riviera Maya; with the serene luxury and romance that pervades this sanctuary for the senses.
Based on a minimum three night stay, the Photo Master Class starts at $2,499 USD per night per couple(exclusive of government taxes and service charges) and includes:
- Accommodation in Luxury Private Pool Villa (double occupancy)
- Eco-boat tours through the mangroves of Mayakoba guided by professional photographers
- Lectures by a National Geographic photographer and conference with local wildlife photographers
- Roundtrip airport transportation
- Introductory welcome reception with a National Geographic photographer
- Daily buffet breakfast for two at Oriente Restaurant
- Three dinners (for two) with a wildlife photographer at a Banyan Tree restaurant
- 20% discount on all Banyan Tree Spa services
The 2014 Wildlife Photo Master Classes will take place on the following dates:
- September 4 – 7, 2014 (with Brian Skerry)
- October 30 – Nov 2, 2014 (with Steve Winter)
- December 11 – 14, 2014 (with Tim Laman)
About the Photographers
Brian Skerry is an underwater photojournalist specializing in marine wildlife and underwater environments. He is a contract photographer for National Geographic and has contributed to a number of publications and television programs. Mr. Skerry is an award-winning photographer, accomplished author and dedicated conservationist.
Steve Winter is an award-winning wildlife photographer specializing in large cats. Having worked with National Geographic for over thirty years, Mr. Winter lectures globally on conservation issues and has been interviews on CBS Nightly News, 60 Minutes, NPR, BBC and CNN.
Tim Laman is a field biologist, explorer, photographer, and filmmaker with a passion for documenting the world’s rare and endangered wildlife. Mr. Laman works with the National Geographic Society and Cornell Lab of Ornithology to study and photograph the planet’s biodiversity.