The Pearl of the Andaman
From Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- The hotel is 20 kilometres, or about 20 minutes by hotel shuttle or taxi.
To Bang Tao Beach
- The beach is only 500 metres from the resort. It’s a four-minute walk, or take our complimentary buggy service.
To Chalong Temple
- The temple is 30 kilometres, or 40 minutes by car form from the hotel. Remember to dress respectfully when visiting temples.
To Old Phuket Town
- The charming old town is 23 kilometres or 330 minutes by car from the hotel
To Coral Islands
- Take a boat trip to the beautiful Coral Islands. Half day and full day trips are available.
To Canal Village shopping area and convenient convenience stores
- Shopping is 1,5 kilometres from the resort. Take a 15-minute walk, or enjoy our complimentary buggy shuttle service.
Phuket is an all-time favourite in Thailand, with sun, sea and activities to enjoy. Built on a former abandoned tin mining site next to the shores of the Andaman sea, Banyan Tree Phuket has helped rehabilitate the sensitive natural environment, and created a resort like no other.
Local currency is Thai Baht (THB)
When visiting temples, dress conservatively and respectfully. Women particularly should wear long skirts or trousers and cover their shoulders and knees.
All rooms are equipped with at least one electrical point, with 2-prong round or flat plug.
Tipping in hotels is not expected, but it is always appreciated.
Most nationalities can get visa on arrival. Please visit the Thai Embassy's website at www.thaiembassy.com to check for your country
In case of emergency, contact Nearest hospital Bangkok International Hospital in Phuket: +66 (0) 76 254 425 Nearest 24-hour clinic Bangkok International Clinic at Canal Village: +66 (0) 76 324 453